ROXUK00093 – Supply Chain Quality Team Leader
Salary and Additional Benefits:
Competitive salary, Perkbox, Contributory pension, Free parking, Subsidised canteen, Occupational sick pay, Professional membership, Success Sharing Bonus Scheme, Income Protection, Death in service, HealthShield, Sell and Buy Holiday, Cycle to Work Scheme
25 + statutory days per annum pro-rata
Hours of Work:
08.00-16.30 Monday to Thursday (30mns lunch break)
08.00-13.00 Friday (no lunch break)
Roxel is an Anglo-French company that designs, develops and manufactures solid propellant rocket motors for use in tactical missiles. Its operations are spread across several sites in the UK and France and it has an annual turnover of about £100M and nearly 700 staff.
The UK operations are entirely based at Summerfield, Kidderminster, where we have a vacancy for a Supply Chain Quality Team Leader.
The successful candidate will manage the regulatory aspects of the supply chain and ensure all suppliers comply to Roxel UK requirements and processes and support operations with the day management of product quality and drive improvements. They will lead and motivate multifunctional teams in making step changes to business performance through structured Quality activities that improve the performance of all areas of the supply chain. They will ensure the Supplier Quality Team are trained and adhere to our portfolio of Quality approvals including EN9100 accreditations and requirements.
PEOPLE: Develop, mature and optimise the Supplier Quality team
• Establish and maintain a structure which supports all products and platforms, and fosters an environment of continuous improvement
• Develop a multi-skilled, flexible and versatile team
• Manage resource deployment in order to satisfy business needs
• Work collaboratively with the Leadership Team to ensure adequate resources to support planning forecast
• Interface with customers and suppliers on all Supply Chain Quality matters and be able to deputise for the Head of Quality and Business Improvement in front of the customer if required.
PERFORMANCE: Improve Supplier Quality performance to world class levels
• Establish and maintain timely and effective quality feedback loops from Operations / Customers to Suppliers.
• Define and implement the Audit plan for all Roxel UK suppliers.
• Establish and continuously improve supplier quality KPI’s (CoNQ, failure rate, PPM etc.) with both internal and external processes.
• Lead multi-disciplinary teams / projects to drive improvement workstreams with all the suppliers in order to reduce defects.
• Support Supplier Development to ensure focus and resources are applied to key suppliers to drive performance improvements.
PROCESS: Develop Supplier quality standard processes and work routines
• Support the development of and lead the deployment of a supplier improvement journey aligned to the Quality strategy for Roxel UK.
• Support the development and implementation of Group Standards into the supply chain as required.
• Manage and improve the NCR process for supplier liability products.
• Manage Supplier First Article Inspection process and ensure all procured products are covered under EN9102.
• Complete Buy off / source inspections where appropriate including associated corrective actions and root cause analysis.
• Setup, train, and support the implementation of Quick Response Quality Control (QRQC) and manage raised QRQCs across the Supply Chain.
• Monitoring and verification of supplier special processes
• Support Customer driven Quality activities in the UK and overseas by phone or personal visit as required
• Undertake other reasonable duties, in line with business needs and objectives, which are consistent and commensurate with the overall purpose of the position.
• A degree in relevant discipline, ideally scientific or engineering
• 3+ years industry experience ideal
• Subject matter knowledge and keen interest
• Management experience ideal
• EN9100 Lead Auditor preferred
• Def Stan/AQAP knowledge preferred
• Be computer literate, effectively using Microsoft Office Software: Excel, Word, Powerpoint
How to apply
Please follow the application process below to send us your CV and motivation letter.
Please specify your salary expectations as part of the process.
Please note: Obtaining a Security Clearance is a requirement of employment at Roxel UK. Please check guidelines by looking on the below link: