ROXUK00052 – Production Engineer
Production Engineering Manager
Salary and Additional Benefits:
Competitive Salary, Flexible Working, Success Sharing Bonus Scheme, Company Sick Pay, Company Pension Scheme, Perkbox, Free Parking, Subsidised Canteen
25 + statutory days per annum pro-rata
Hours of Work:
08.00-16.30 Monday to Thursday (30mns lunch break)
08.00-13.00 Friday (no lunch break)
Roxel is an Anglo-French company that designs, develops and manufactures solid propellant rocket motors for use in tactical missiles. Its operations are spread across several sites in the UK and France and it has an annual turnover of about £100M and nearly 700 staff.
The UK operations are entirely based at Summerfield, Kidderminster, where we have a vacancy for a permanent Production Engineer.
Production Engineering defines how product will be manufactured by the production teams including the design packaging enabling the right quantity of components / product are delivered to support the speed of the production process. The department also reviews efficiencies and eliminates waste within the manufacturing process ensuring delivery of high quality products to clearly defined standards.
• Responsible for increasing manufacturing productivity by an agreed % per annum in line with Site targets
• Responsible for supporting operations on daily issues
• Responsible for leading Capex projects from justification through specification, procurement and validation
• Lead / attend engineering / technical review meetings and present work status and provide feedback where required
• To work closely with the Quality Engineers to improve equipment capability in line with site specific targets
• Assess the manufacturing requirements associated with a product, compare to existing capabilities and make recommendations for development
• Identify weakness in parts of the processes (utilising the MRL process) – develop countermeasures that will be in line with the business’s strategic ambitions
• Collaborate with supplier representatives to ensure the newest technology and consumables are being used to drive process and quality efficiency and create RFQ specifications for key manufacturing equipment
• To work closely with the Quality Engineers on root cause analysis and corrective action plans
• A HNC or HND qualification or higher in a relevant Engineering discipline or equivalent
• Previous proven experience in a production manufacturing environment
• A minimum level of Yellow Belt, though Green Belt qualification in Lean Manufacturing Techniques would be an advantage
• Previous experience within a production environment in a Manufacturing Engineering role
• Previous experience in lean manufacturing tools and techniques, including, but not limited to; value stream mapping, 6S, KanBan, Kaizen, MRL, PFMEA and SPC
• Experience in Manufacturing Engineering in an ISO 9001 environment
• Experience in project delivery and problem solving
• Experience of operating within a strong H&S Culture
• IT Literate with experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and Outlook
• Experience of an ISO 14001 and 18001 would be an advantage
• Experience of an EN9100 would be an advantage
• Experience in the Defence Industry would be an advantage
• Experience utilising quality tools and Advanced Product Quality Planning techniques including, but not limited to; Capability studies, DoE, 8D, Lean Sigma, Control Plans, APQP
How to apply
Please follow the application process below to send us your CV and motivation letter.
Please specify your salary expectations as part of the process.
Please note: Obtaining a Security Clearance is a requirement of employment at Roxel UK. Please check guidelines by looking on the below link: