ROXUK00025 – Non Destructive Testing Apprentice
Test & Evaluation Manager
Salary and Additional Benefits:
Competitive salary, Perkbox, Free parking, subsidised canteen
25 + statutory days per annum pro-rata
Hours of Work:
08.00-16.30 Monday to Thursday (30mns lunch break)
08.00-13.00 Friday (no lunch break)
Roxel is an Anglo-French company that designs, develops and manufactures solid propellant rocket motors for use in tactical missiles. Its operations are spread across several sites in the UK and France and it has an annual turnover of about £100M and nearly 700 staff.
The UK operations are entirely based at Summerfield, Kidderminster, where we currently have a vacancy for a NDT Apprentice in the Test & Evaluation department. This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to develop their skills and build a career at Roxel UK.
You will study towards a Level 3 NDT Apprenticeship for a duration of 30 months.
You will study towards a Level 3 NDT Apprenticeship for a duration of 30 months:
– Developing technically and practically in NDT and material test techniques to approved national standards.
– Conducting radiographic and ultrasonic testing of inert and energetic materials.
– Assessing radiographs and ultrasonic data to the requirements of the component specifications.
– Developing radiographic and ultrasonic test parameters, including calibration and operation of ultrasonic test equipment.
– Demonstrating compliance with customer requirements
– Preparing and reporting results of tests, assessments and examinations.
– Conducting safety checks and maintaining safety records for the radiographic equipment used on the company’s premises
– Support testing functions within the wider Test and Evaluation group
You will need to be a good communicator, have good IT Skills and be a team player. We expect positive attitude, self-motivation and enthusiasm.
Desired qualifications: 5 GCSEs (minimum Grade 4 – old grade C), including Maths, Science and English.