ROXUK00014 – Process Chemist
Salary and Additional Benefits:
Competitive salary, Perkbox, contributory pension. Free parking, subsidised canteen
25 + statutory days per annum pro-rata
Hours of Work:
07.30-15.30 Monday to Thursday (30mns lunch break)
07.30-14.30 Friday (no lunch break)
Roxel is an Anglo-French company that designs, develops and manufactures solid propellant rocket motors for use in tactical missiles. Its operations are spread across several sites in the UK and France and it has an annual turnover of about £100M and nearly 700 staff.
The UK operations are entirely based at Summerfield, Kidderminster, where we have a vacancy for a Process Chemist to take charge of facilities for the production and clearance of explosive materials used in rocket motor manufacture.
The successful candidate will be technically and operationally responsible for a range of safe processes to make explosive products used on site for the manufacture of solid rocket propellants. This involves a number of sub-processes in different parts of the site and requires effective liaison with other manufacturing/test areas.
Candidates should have experience and knowledge of the following:
• Chemical processing using hazardous or toxic materials
• Handling of hazardous and sensitive materials such as explosives
• Technical aspects relating to the properties of explosives and propellants
• Operation of plants on a pilot plant scale or production scale
• Computer control of safety critical manufacturing processes
• Inventory management and test clearance of materials
• Scheduling to make and provide products and services into other areas
• Technical basis for operational and process safety
• Effective team working and team leadership skills
Candidates who do not have some of the above experience and knowledge but are willing to learn will also be considered.
The candidates should be educated to degree level or equivalent with a number of years of experience in running manufacturing processes. They should be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of process safety and an aptitude for working with hazardous materials. Good interpersonal skills are required as well as the ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate leadership skills.